2.28.2014

only be still.

He answers.

When I come to think that He wont, He most certainly and most clearly answers.

I have been telling Him about what I want for someone, who is near and dear to me, for what feels like a long time. To be honest I started feeling rather hopeless, like I just needed to stop asking and be okay with what was happening.

Yes, I think He wanted me to draw on His peace and see what goodness was surrounding me in the midst of my prayers. But I also think He wanted me to keep asking, to keep telling him, to keep praying…to the point where I wanted to give up, to call it a loss, and move on.



I got to that point. And now He is steadfastly leading me around the corner. The view ahead looks different. I no longer feel as though I am trudging through the same muck with this person that was cold and ugly. I see The Light that I kept promising myself had to be at the end of this tunnel. The Light is here and I feel His warmth. The Light was never not there, like I was starting to believe. The Light is always with us even when the darkness seems to crowd it out. I am really thankful for that today. The muck that felt caked to my feet is drying out and chipping off and we are walking in a new place. This new place is where I have been praying for the Lord to take me and my friend. He heard my prayers and he has answered them, in His perfect way.

I am beginning to smile again for my friend because I know good things have been brought to him. I know the Lord is blessing him, in the way that whether he knows it or not, I have been praying for.

Breathing becomes easier when you know the Lord is fighting FOR YOU - so that YOU don’t have to. What a beautiful thing.


“Moses answered the people, ‘Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still’” - Exodus 14:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment