3.01.2012

Pancake Mix.

Spring break is finally here! I just got home from an hour long walk since we didn't have practice today, it was a lovely change of pace.

I have been researching and perusing restaurant's menus for a good bit of time this morning... can not wait to eat in Charleston.

This pancake mix made the best pancakes I have ever had. I have previously not been much of a pancake person, but i think this mix has changed my mind. I made them this past weekend, some with banana slices and some with blueberries dropped in. They will be made again tomorrow morning (since I don't have school!) to kick off all the delicious and leisurely breakfasts I'll be having on my time off.

here's the recipe
Multigrain Pancake Mix
adapted from Heidi Swanson's recipe
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 cup oat flour (grind up oats in a coffee grinder, you'll get flour)
2 T. baking powder
2 T. chia seeds
2 T. sucanat

Combine all that in a bowl, whisk it together, and put it in a big jar
When you are ready to eat pancakes, measure out 2/3 cup of the mix and then whisk together 2/3 cup buttermilk/milk, 2 T. melted butter or olive oil, and 1 egg add the wet to the dry and mix with spoon until JUST combined- which helps keep them light and fluffy.
Thank you Heidi Swanson.
Oh and it is 70 degrees outside today, which makes the whole spring break thing feel ever better. Happy almost friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment