12.19.2011

"The Roots"





Instead of "The Works", I am calling this pizza "The Roots" because it is full of winter root veggies. I went all out with the winter theme and made a pumpkin ricotta sauce, which was nothing short of delectable. I think I am falling in love with cheese. My mom is in love with cheese. So the saying holds true... "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree". I going to give you a guide to making this pizza, not a recipe cause when it comes to pizza you can put however much of whatever you want on it- pizza is a beautiful thing.
Oh, and I caramelized onions to make it all the more fabulous.

Guide to "The Roots" Pizza
Roast beets, winter squash, broccoli, turnips, etc. winter roots
Caramelize 2 large sweet onions (that covered one pizza for me)
Pumpkin sauce
        - 1/2 can pumpkin puree
        - about 1 cup of ricotta cheese
        - spices: sage, nutmeg, Italian herbs, garlic powder, pepper, salt
Crust: make your own whole-wheat dough recipe here
roll it out as thin as you like
Assemble: Preheat oven to 450 degrees, toast crust 4 min on each side. Spread out pumpkin sauce, then onions, then veggies. Turn oven down to 400 degrees, put pizza in for 10-15 min until bottom gets crusty and brown.

I could only eat 2 and a half pieces of this.Which means it is super filling and that you have more leftovers, yay! Enjoy.
Cheers to lovely pizza,
Katie-Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment