2.14.2012

Granola + Valentines Day.






The reason I have not said hello to y'all in over a week is because the end of last week was  hectic! I babysat one night, had a big math test on thursday, and left to visit my brother on friday morning and did not get back till sunday night. So, the granola that I made last weekend is just now meeting you on this lovely day we call Valentines.

To be honest, I don't know how I feel about Valentines Day. It sounds super fun if you have a significant other to spent time with tonight, or if you are 7 years old and you get to put little valentines in all your friends boxes at school today. However, I am in neither of those categories. So I am left feeling like it is a pretty normal day. Yes, I am wearing loads of pink and yes, I had the desire to bake something pink and red and sweet all over. But other than that today feels like a pretty normal day. And on normal days, I eat granola. So here's to feeling like an average joe that likes granola on this gushy, heart throbbing, pink cupcake filled day we call "Valentines Day". Spread the love :)


Simple Granola
Dry:
4 cups oats
cinnamon
ground ginger
sea salt
raw almonds, whole or chopped
raw cashews
Wet:
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup honey
2 T. olive oil


Stir up wet. Stir up dry. Add wet to dry. Bake at 325* on a sheet pan for roughly 40 minutes or until golden brown. Stirring every 10 minutes. Enjoy on top of yogurt, as cereal, or by the handful! Again this recipe is really flexible. Do any types of nuts or seeds you like. Add in any dried fruit you like after cooking (I added currants). I do not like mine very sweet, so up the honey if you want it a little more decedant!



No comments:

Post a Comment