1.21.2012

Everything Hits At Once

This past week was one of those weeks where everything hits at once. I had loads of reading do, a poem analysis to write, a big math test to study for, and a science presentation to rock, and a science quiz to take. Makes me tired just thinking about it all! Which should explain why I have not posted since Tuesday! Good news is, the week is over and I have spent my Saturday cooking delicious things to share with y'all!

But to recap on my cleanse...
Notes on Week 2:
-Not nearly as hungry this week, usually one stomach growl a day
-I get satisfied much quicker, so my portions are smaller than normal
-My energy level was back to normal, if not better than before starting the cleanse
-A date filled with homemade peanut butter satisfies my sweet tooth completely after dinner
-I crave bread a lot, and miss having a hearty breakfast (i.e. oats, muffins, granola)
-I feel very clean inside
-My tastebuds have been cleansed (more aware of different flavors/flavors come through more)

It is kind of crazy to think that I have not eaten sugar, dairy, gluten, or anything processed in 14 days! Exciting and empowering, even. Pretty much everything I have eaten has been homemade, which is also pretty awesome. Now, I just have to hold strong through this last week. Eggs and gluten free grains get to come back into my life this week!... it really is the little things in life that can make you happy :)

Some food from the past week
 Chickpea & Apple Salad
:mixed lettuce, chickpeas, slivered almonds, dried or fresh diced apple, nutritional yeast, dressing of your choice, pepper:
Toss together and munch 

Rosemary & Sage Roasted Butternut Squash
:onions, butternut squash, dried rosemary, dried sage, nutmeg, sea salt, pepper:
toss in olive oil or coconut oil
roast at 400 degrees for about 40 min, stir once

I'll be back with a couple real recipes
Happy weekend, Katie-Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment