1.26.2012

Hummus... as of late.



Sweet potato hummus is an incredible idea. I would dare to say that this is the best homemade hummus I have ever had. The crackers I made to go with it, however; were not the best. But, no worries, this hummus is good enough to eat with a spoon (which, I did) The sweet potatoes made this hummus super creamy and fluffy even. And with help from some spices, I played up the sweetness of the potatoes. My advice... eat some of this lovely hummus!

Sweet Potato Hummus (makes about 2 cups)
1 T. peanut butter
1 T. tahini
juice of 1 lime
1 T. olive oil
2-3 T. coconut milk
2 garlic cloves
1.5-2 cups chickpeas, cooked
1 medium sweet potato, boiled
1/2 t. coriander
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
salt & pepper, to taste

Add all wet ingredients plus garlic into the food processor. Process till well combined.
Add chickpeas and sweet potato and process till smooth. Add more olive oil or coconut milk if needed for desired consistency. (mine was thick)
Add all spices and taste to adjust. Store in fridge!

Happy munching! Tomorrow is friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment